Senior Bantam Rules
JLMSA SENIOR BANTAM RULES
The following rules apply specifically to the Senior Bantam Division. Please refer to the General Rules page for additional rules which apply to all Divisions.
Bases: 60 feet apart
Pitching Rubber: 43 feet from home plate point
- Senior Bantam games are 7 innings. In the event of bad weather, curfew, or darkness 3 innings shall be needed for a full game. No extra innings will be played to break a tie except in playoffs.
- The minimum number of players required to play for an official game in Senior Bantam is 8 players. If a team requires call-ups, "Call-Up Rule" listed under General Rules #11 applies. If a player is called up to play and one of your players shows up unexpectedly, the call-up is to play and be treated like a member of your team.
- All players must appear in the batting line-up for the entire game. The change of players in the field may be made as long as all players play at least 4 innings in a full game. All players must play both infield and outfield within the first 4 innings and are encouraged to try all positions except pitcher and catcher. All players MUST play an equal number of innings.
- All 4 outfielders must play on grass.
- If a batter strikes out and catcher misses the ball, the ball is live and batter may advances long as 1st base is open or there are 2 out. If 1st base is occupied with less than 2 out the batter is out even if catcher drops ball.
- Pitching Maximums (per player)
- 2 innings in a 3 inning game (due to a rain-out)
- 2 innings in a 4 inning game
- 3 innings in a 5 inning game
- 3 innings in a 6 inning game
- 4 innings in a 7 inning game
- No rule exists regarding male/female pitchers but anyone wishing to pitch must be allowed the opportunity to do so.
- At least 1 female must be on the field at all times. If you don't have a female player, you can still play but with only 9 defenders.
- All players MUST wear game shirts to all games. Players are NOT allowed to play without them. Our sponsors pay to have their name put on shirts and we owe it to them to make sure that we thank them by having ALL players wear shirts to all games.
- Aggressive play will not be tolerated. Please remember that this is not the major leagues and that you are playing for fun. We don't want to see anyone getting hurt.