Code of Conduct - Players
Players Code of Conduct
By playing ball with the JLMSA, I agree to:
- FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE - and treat my teammates, coaches, opponents and officials in the same manner I would like to be treated. This means with respect, dignity, and total sportsmanship at all times.
- BE A GOOD SPORT - and play fair, be a leader, set the example and rise above poor behaviour. Examples of poor behaviour are taunting, showboating, distracting players, throwing equipment (i.e. bats, helmets, gloves etc)
- NOT USE DRUGS, ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO - anywhere on the fields, surrounding areas or in the parking lots. I will respect and abide by the Town of Lincoln Tobacco-Free Policy.
- LEARN THE RULES - of the game and the policies of the Association. I will abide by those rules and policies.
- PRACTICE THE FUNDAMENTALS - and master the basics of baseball. I will practice my throwing, catching, base running and swinging a bat over and over again.
- NOT ARGUE WITH AN UMPIRE - Umpires don’t care who wins or loses and they don’t have favourite players. All they want is for a fair and safe game to be played.
- LISTEN TO MY COACH - My coach may be the best, the worst or somewhere in between but it makes no difference. I’m on a team and my job is to listen attentively to what my coach is saying. Without coaches I wouldn’t have a team to play on.
- SIT ON THE BENCH - between innings, cheer on my teammates and not visit with my parents or other spectators. I’m part of a team and my team is relying on all of its members.
- PLAY HARD - and give it my all. I won’t let my team or me down even if I don’t feel like playing one day.
- BE PATIENT WITH MY TEAMMATES - Every player on my team, including me, has strengths and weaknesses. Baseball is a team sport so I will be patient with my teammates as they improve their games.
- NOT USE PROFANITY - or talk ‘trash’ before, during or after any game.
- RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF JORDAN SOFTBALL - including the grounds, buildings and equipment. I will help ensure property remains free of vandalism and debris.
- INCLUDE MY PARENTS - My parents only want the best for me and want to see me succeed. I may need to remind them there will be ups and downs but my goal is to have fun.
- HAVE FUN - It’s a simple concept. Win or lose, I will try to enjoy every moment on the field. If playing is not fun, then I will talk to my coach, parents or someone else about my feelings.
- THANK MY COACHES, OFFICIALS AND ASSOCIATION MEMBERS - for volunteering their time and helping run a program that benefits me. I will thank my parents for supporting my love of baseball and getting me to practices and games.