JLMSA SQUIRT RULES
Bases - 50 feet apart
Pitching Rubber - 30 feet from home plate point
1. Squirt games are to be 5 innings. In the event of bad weather, curfew, or darkness 2 innings shall be needed for a full game. No extra innings will be played to break a tie except in playoffs.
2. If a batter strikes out and catcher misses the ball the ball is dead and no runners may advance. Ball 4 on a batter is also a dead ball and no runners may advance. On a walk a player is only allowed 1st base.
3. All players must appear in the batting line-up for the entire game. The change of players in the field may be made as long as all players play at least 3 innings in a full game and 1 inning in a shortened game. All players must play both infield and outfield within the first 4 innings, and are encouraged to try all positions except pitcher and catcher. All players MUST play an equal number of innings.
4. All 4 outfielders must play on grass.
All pitchers MUST pitch equally and be given the opportunity to do so. No pitcher shall pitch more than 2 innings.
6. Pitchers are required to wear helmet with face mask in the interest of safety and catcher must wear full catchers gear.
7. ALL PLAYERS MUST WEAR GAME SHIRTS TO ALL GAMES. PLAYERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY WITHOUT GAME SHIRTS. Our sponsors pay to have their name put on shirts and we owe it to them to make sure that we thank them by having ALL players wear shirts to all games.
8. Stealing bases is permitted in Squirt. Players are not permitted to steal home.
9. The minimum # of players required to play for an official game in Squirt is 8 players.