1. FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE - and treat players, officials, parents, spectators, and opponents in the same manner I would like to be treated. This means with respect, dignity, and total sportsmanship at all times.
2. BE A GOOD SPORT - and play fair, be a leader, set the example and rise above poor behavior. Examples of poor behavior are taunting, showboating, distracting players, throwing equipment (i.e. bats, helmets, gloves etc)
3. NOT USE DRUGS, ALCOHOL OR TOBACCO - anywhere on the fields, surrounding areas or in the parking lots. I will respect the Town of Lincoln Tobacco-Free Policy.
4. INSIST PLAYERS BE GOOD SPORTS - and play fair, be a leader, set the example and rise above poor behavior.
5. LEARN THE RULES - of the game and the policies of the Association. I will abide by those rules and policies. I will teach my players the rules of the game and insist they abide by them.
6. ATTEND CLINICS - offered by Jordan Lions Softball to develop my skills and knowledge.
7. SHOW UP FOR GAMES AND PRACTICES ON TIME - I will inform parents, officials and opponents of any changes in times or locations of games and practices as soon as possible.
8. HOLD APPROPRIATE PRACTICES - that will teach fundamentals so players can master the basics.
9. BE PREPARED FOR GAMES AND PRACTICES - and will be respectful of players, parents and officials time.
10. DO NOT ARGUE WITH AN UMPIRE - I may not agree with a call but it’s not my job to officiate the game. I will remember Umpires are human too.
11. MOTIVATE THROUGH CONFIDENCE - I will try to identify something positive and constructive from every game or practice to help build confidence. A player’s sense of achievement is the greatest motivator.
12. RECOGNIZE AND REWARD ACHIEVEMENTS - other than scoring runs.
13. INSIST PLAYERS SIT ON THE BENCH - between innings, cheer on their teammates and not visit with their parents or other spectators. Each player is part of a team and that team is relying on all of its members.
14. BE SELECTIVE - in the amount of instruction I give players during the game. I will let players play.
15. ALLOW PLAYERS TO TRY NEW POSITIONS - and allow them to learn from their mistakes.
16. REMEMBER IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN - and will help make it that way. I will encourage enjoyment, participation and improvement over game results.
17. THANK PARENTS, OFFICIALS AND ASSOCIATION MEMBERS - for taking the time to be part of our baseball program.